The European Federation of Food Science and Technology (EFFoST) facilitates knowledge and technology exchange among food professionals. EFFoST creates opportunities for food scientist, engineers, technologists, policymakers and businesses in food and food-related areas to connect and collaborate with the objective to enhance the uptake of new technologies and developments. By supporting the further development of food science and technology, EFFoST aims to advance the production of sustainable and healthy food for all in a changing world.
EFFoST is a non-profit association, with more than 130 affiliated societies, institutes and universities throughout Europe. EFFoST is the European group of the International Union of Food Science and Technology (IUFoST), which in turn is a full member of the International Council for Science (ICSU). EFFoST aims to:
- Develop closer contact between food producers and distributors, universities and research institutes;
- Enhance rapid technology transfer from ideas/research into industrial applications to improve European competitiveness;
- Promote continuing professional development and educational excellence within food science and technology;
- Harmonize food legislation and enforcement programs throughout Europe;
- Maintain a collaborative network of (research) organizations within the European food industry aimed at cooperation and ‘knowledge sharing’.
Role in INGREEN:
- Contributing to partner project management and coordination
- Contributing to compliance of Health, Regulations and Standards
- Leading the communication and dissemination activities of project developments and research findings
- Leading Innovation Outreach, Impact and Exploitation by developing exploitation strategies and business cases